Entry-level Cable Field Technicians
Paid personal time, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
If you’re looking for a hands-on career opportunity that allows you to work face-to-face with the people directly impacted by your work, consider joining the Spectrum team!
We are now hiring Field Technicians.
As the Field Technician, you're at the very core of Spectrum’s mission. You'll travel throughout our communities and make it possible for us to connect our 16 million customers to entertainment, information, and each other.
This position is entry-level and will service the Greater Cincinnati area, which includes Cincinnati, Milford, and Hamilton. We will provide training.
You will work directly with customers. You can also expect to work indoors in confined spaces, and poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements and/or crawlspaces, while being exposed to dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions. Some work will be performed near power lines and electricity.
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with consumer education of products and services.
• Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards.
• Familiarity with computer operating systems, and a myriad of consumer communications devices (e.g., PDAs, smartphones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices), and computer software applications.
• Perform basic installations, disconnects, reconnects, service upgrades and downgrades, and relocates for residential single family, multi-family and/or multi-dwelling units.
•Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality, security and safety control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as OSHA, and FCC and following procedures as outlined in the Customer Premise Network Installation Qualifications (CPNIQ), Technical Quality Assurance (TQA), National Electric Code (NEC), National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), other Installation, Technical Operations, Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook)
• Adhere to TQA standards in accordance with company policy.
• Follow security procedures to prevent any unauthorized services.
• Integrate various company services (video, internet, telephone) with customer's equipment.
• Ensure and record proper levels and signal quality within required specifications on active outlets; verify no signal leakage or ingress is present in the drop network.
• Identify basic distribution problems associated with the RF portions of the forward and reverse plant and refer to Field Engineering.
• Escalate unresolved customer issues to supervisor.
• Clean the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete.
• Educate customer on proper use of services and equipment, including channel lineups, and how to access online help.
• Maintain accurate records including time worked, daily logs, gas sheets as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders.
• Operate communications device in accordance with company policies.
• Operate company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment.
• Utilize and become proficient with tasks, tools, test equipment and information that will enhance business results
• Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal regulations, as applicable.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
• Ability to use electric drills, hammers, wrenches, and screwdrivers.
• Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully-loaded tool belts.
• Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as gaffs, safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment
• Ability to accurately measure distances using tapes or other measuring devices.
• Ability to carry, climb, and operate extension ladder that is approximately 32 ft high and weighs 90 lbs.
• Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed.
• Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
• Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs)
• Ability to work while standing.
• Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
• Ability to use handheld communication devices and applications
• Ability to travel (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities.
• Ability to work outside for extended periods in any season and/or during inclement weather.
• Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc.)
• May be required to work an on-call rotation as the business needs dictate.
• Occasionally required to work overtime.
• Must be able to work weekends or a second shift.
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.